Welcome to “Wasen” (Free Boat Ride)
Japanese Traditional Wooden Boat Association
Our association was founded with the assistance of Koto city in 1995. The
purpose of our association is to preserve the "Wasen" Japanese
traditional wooden boats as cultural heritage , and to inherit the rowing
techniques. We are located at Yokojukkengawa Shinsui Park.
Last updated (December 5th,2023)
|Official Facebook (here) Check out our daily activities.
This article is published with permission from the passengers on board.
The next activity date is December 10th.
We will inform you of our plans for the year-end and New Year holidays.We
will be active every Sunday from December to February. Registration closes
at 12:00 on December 17th. In January, we will have normal activities from
around 10:30 on the 7th.
Our activities may be canceled due to the weather on the day. Please check the latest operation status before visiting..
*Updated schedule 2023-2024 (Click here)
- December 5,2023
- We painted the bottom of "Doreen".（Photo here)
- October 22,2023
- Painting work on the "Umisuna" bridge has begun, and the width
of traffic under the bridge has been halved. We operate the boat with safety
in mind, but we ask for your cooperation in ensuring safety while on board.（Photo here)
- October 7,2023
- Periodic repair in the “Kawasemi” workshop II（Click here)
- September 30 ,2023
- Regular repairs of Japanese ships begin in the workshop.（Click here)
- September 26 ,2023
- The first regular repairs of this season will begin.（Click here)
- September 24 ,2023
- It's starting to feel a little like autumn, and many passengers have come
on board.（Click here)
- August 20 ,2023
- Challenge the oar rowing experience without losing to the heat wave（Click here)In the afternoon, safety training for members was held.（Click here)
- August 14 ,2023
- "DIVE IN TOKYO" NHK WORLD JAPAN, interviewed in July Just completed.
It will be available for one year from 8/16.
- July 23 ,2023
- We were able to operate as usual today as the heatstroke warning was at
an active level. A lot of children came to the summer vacation children
experience class.（photo here)
- June 25 ,2023
- Today is a sunny day in the rainy season. It was a pleasant day on the
Unfortunately, the rowing experience was canceled today because there was
a heat stroke severe warning alert.（Click here)
- June 9 ,2023
- The article about "Wasen Tomo no Kai" that was published in the
Yomiuri Shimbun's metropolitan area edition on June 4th is now available
online. However, the article is in Japanese.（Click here)
- June 4th ,2023
- Our activities were introduced in the morning edition of the Yomiuri Shimbun (metropolitan area edition) on June 4th.
- May 28th ,2023
- Today was a windy day. However, many passengers came. (here)
- May 4th ,2023
- Yesterday (5/3), we were interviewed for TV Tokyo's program "Haunting! Ad Town Heaven".
From 9:00 pm on Saturday, May 20th, it will be broadcast in ~Toyocho~.
- April 24 ,2023
- The content aired on Koto Ward public relations program Wide Square has
been released on the official channel of Koto Ward. "This is the first
time for the rookie boatmen to row a Japanese-style boat at the Sakura
- April 23 ,2023
- Today was the perfect day to board a Japanese-style boat, and many foreign
passengers came to experience boarding and oar rowing.(Click here)
- April 19 ,2023
- There was an interview for the French TV program "ASIE INSOLITE".
- April 15 ,2023
- We were featured in Koto Ward's PR program, "Koto Wide Square".
(Title) "I tried rowing at the Sakura Festival"
~ Members of the Wasen Tomo-no-kai, who are participating in the experience of boarding a Japanese-style boat.
From the new member's boating practice to the gala occasion, we will
closely follow them. ~
(Broadcast date/time) 4/16 (Sun)-22 (Sat) Every day: 9:00, noon, 15:00, 19:00
- April 14 ,2023
- A digest version video of the Edo Fukagawa Sakura Festival has been released
on YouTube.(Click here)
- April 12 ,2023
- Sailing Japanese-style boats along the Oyoko River to the Yokojukken River
- April 2 ,2023
- Today is the last day of this year's Sakura Festival. The cherry blossom
petals that started to fall were so beautiful.(Click here)
- March 26 ,2023
- Due to the rain, the Japanese boat service has been canceled today.For
details, please refer to the official website of the tourism association.
- March 21 ,2023
- We enjoyed cherry blossoms on a Japanese boat.(Click here)
- March 15 ,2023
- We sailed on Japanese boats to participate in the cherry blossom festival.
The first boat arriving at Kurofune Pier has been published on YouTube.(Click
- March 14 ,2023
- Koto Ward's public relations program, which was broadcast on Koto Wide Square,
"I'll try Masumi -I'll try to ride a Japanese boat-"
(February 26, 2023) – YouTube (Click here)
- March 12 ,2023
- For the Edo Fukagawa Cherry Blossom Festival, 5 Japanese boats sailed to Kurofune Pier.(Click here)
- February 26 ,2023
- Town magazine "Fukagawa" published a feature article about Wasen
Tomo no Kai. These articles are in Japanese.(Article)
- February 13 ,2023
- On February 9th, the Yomiuri Shimbun published an introductory article about our association. However, the article is in Japanese. (Article)
- February 12 ,2023
- This month (February 2023), we will introduce three people who have passed
the certification exam and have become new boatmen. From the left in the
photo, Mr. Mikio Unehara, Mr. Kazuhiro Ito, and Mr. Shinichi Takeda, I
look forward to their great success in the future.(Photo)
- February 5 ,2023
- Mr. Mikio Unehara, who passed the boatman certification exam last week,
was awarded a certificate of boatman. We look forward to his future success.(Photo)
- January 29 ,2023
- Two new boatmen were born today. In the afternoon, there was a boatman's
certification exam and they passed it.Details will be announced later.
At the end of the ceremony,the vice-president presented a hand-made paddle
and "Ro" model.
Further special training continues for the Sakura Festival. (Photo)
- January 23 ,2023
- A special feature on Koto Wide Square, a Koto Ward publicity program broadcast last July
"Traditional technology to the future - Japanese boats in Koto Ward" Part 2
"~Traditional technology to the future~ Revived Japanese boats".
Please take a look.
[Feature] -Traditional technology for the future- Reviving Japanese boats｜Koto Ward (koto.lg.jp)
- January 22 ,2023
- We made it for practice by resembling the bit for mooring at Kurofune Pier.
We are all practicing assuming that the cherry blossom festival will be held. (Photo)
- January 22 ,2023
- We had about 60 people on board today. The photo is Mr. Tatsuya Suzuki,
head of the Fukagawa branch of the Koto Ward Tourist Association.
(Posted with customer's permission.)(Photo)
- January 16 ,2023
- This is the broadcast date of the Nippon Television program, which was interviewed on January 8th.
※Saturday, January 28, 22:54-23:00 "Michigatari"
- January 15 ,2023
- In preparation for the cherry blossom festival (Click here)
- January 9 ,2023
- I took a commemorative photo after the annual New Year's Safety Prayer
- January 8 ,2023
- We would like to introduce Paul Lacke (left photo) and Seiya Jinguji (right
photo), who passed the boatman's certification exam on December 18th last
year and made their boatman debut today. We look forward to working with
you both.(Click here)
- January 8 ,2023
- Today is the beginning of the year for us.(Click here)